Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mad Blogger Marriage!!

May 17th , 12 pm at Angamaly......

St George Forane church, did I hear it as Asia's largest church..
No couldn’t be.....Or in real it is???

Landed there after 12 o clock, yes the ceremony might have just started....
The big dome visible made me feel, yes it is a bigger church....

On reaching the church , at the front door me and S had a glance of our hero at one end...sitting with his girl...
Dialed up AR , and he came out at the steps with the heartthrob of christ college:-)
Was feeling glad to see them....

Being my first visit to this church I knew I shouldn’t be delaying in getting in..
I covered my head with my duppatta and I sat down on my two knees and made sure that my presence is felt by God....A first visit to church- you make 3 wish ; it comes true...But i didn’t pray anything to be counted as 3.....

Church called up for the couples, some music started in...I moved further inside the church, targeting our couple, so I could get a closer look of them and also get some snaps..
I turned back, to look for other 3...I could see them coming in and my eyes made sure that they all coming in to front side...
Groom was perfectly dressed for the day....navy blue suit and a red shaded tie....and no need to mention about the Bride she was looking beautiful in the white gown, her simple great jewellery, her flower bouquet, hair so perfectly done, veil covering her face....all set up for her great day.
My next look fell on all other couples standing there....
I could see 6 couples...and it was 6th turn to our pair. Oh, One glance was enough for me - no other pair was so perfect in looks :-)
Flower girls beside them...made the couple look prettier... They were perfect for each other...... God, they look pretty together (I murmured within)

When we all came in front side, Chettan’s usual big wide smile came in for a moment...He was looking all of us and kept his smile...He was happy....
I saw his parents standing back of him, and AR showed me Deeps brother, the guy in light blue shirt..

Father of the church started the ceremony... .....Names were called out...
It was the first couple, second, third, fourth, fifth, then the sixth....All gave the expected 'sammathamaanu' reply to the question of acceptance...
The first couple started with the ceremony....I wondered what was going on his mind at that moment....
I checked what he was doing?
God!! He was watching or observing?? No ...he was scrutinizing at the micro level... what each couple was doing.... how the Father was instructing and as couple by couple got wed locked......
I guess I saw some confidence in his face after the third couple exchanged their rings...confident and ready to tie the knot for his girl....so that he could do it without making a mistake in the rituals.....
I felt he murmured something within...
A smile on his face was hard......his body language showed up some tension....
While me and AR stood at one side the other 2 were busy with the camera....
Yes, both were getting some shots of the couple....
It’s the turn now......
The wedlock, rings, manthrakodi....all done one by one....
Me and Joseph were smiling at each other, looking at the shivering hands of the bridegroom:-)
Then the Bible promise.....I prayed for both of them ; for love to stay forever to each other in their hearts.....
It’s over....to be called as one...in front of God.

Now what next? Mass will be there for next half hour for sure...We knew we all had to patiently wait for meeting the couple...
I got a phone call and went outside, and when I came back in , I couldn’t spot where all vanished... I sat near a pillar leaning on it.....I just looked over the church...Beautiful!! And then remembered my 12 years of schooling where in every morning I used to rush to pay the visit to the chapel inside the convent, and say "I’m here to meet U Lord, Aren’t u hearing me" to mother Mary and Jesus and then run back to my class before the second bell rings and the teacher is in....It was amazing days in school, and even after that in college my church visit never reduced..nor now....:-) Joseph had asked me ..... some minutes back " U Christian?".. I wasn’t, still I knew the church rules.....for I had been to church/chapels more than I visited temples.
I prayed whatever I felt that moment, but I couldn’t wish anything for myself...Hmm...
I was famiiar about the mass , prayers and understood hardly some 15 minutes more to an end... Strolled back to where all were sitting...

When the prayers got over..... Went ahead to congratulate the couple...Smiles on all our faces...Happy feeling!!! Deeps mother saw all of us, Manu got introduced.... :-)
All were nearby.... I thought of AJ that moment, yeah he had told me it’s a great miss for him... Of course yes it indeed is. I thought of Arun only then, that he would have shed a tear in missing his best friend’s wedding. Of course yes.

The wait had to continue, photographers took the couple with them as their private property...
AR’s parents, AJ's mother... S's father... Along with 4 of us, we headed to the Parish hall... It was underground... got down the steps....
We served ourselves with Grape juice at the door of the hall.
Went inside the Parish hall, big one, Buffet lunch was set on sides ,..Yeah I could see that.
We walked towards the front row...and looking at the fan we occupied the right side....the 2nd and 3rd rows...
Wait continued..... the hall was full.... They have not yet come over...

Music!! Aloud!!! Yes the couple came in about 2’o clock....
They both got onto the stage. Deepu chettan removed the flower garland and could be easily spot asking her to remove the garland so both can feel comfortable!! Yes, that was thoughtful... rather than carrying the big garland on those shoulders!!
Welcome or introductory speech on the couples family..
Cake cut!!!
Vine!!!
Lighting the lamp!!
Lunch.....!!
All started turning to the buffet lunch kept.....for self service....:-)

We grabbed this opportunity for going and meeting the couple on stage...and getting a snapshot!!!
Yes, all 8 of us headed towards stage, met them, congratulated, and took a snap with them....
We got down the stage...

Some words whispered by S into Deeps ears made him laugh aloud....!!!
Done...
We all set for lunch, Veg -Non veg....
My tummy was full. I had had a Queen breakfast before coming to the wedding at S’s place...:-)

Had to hurry back ....but in that duration ; yeah I made time to eat 2 ice creams:-)
Yes, we had a real nice time together....
Me and Joseph went towards the stage and told both of them ; yes we all are leaving!!!!
Said bbye to aunty and Manu and left the place........by 3 o clock.
That’s it, bye to each other and done for the day!!!
Joseph dropped us to the stand in his car...starting for the journey back.

I was happy that I could attend 6 marriages.......!!! St George Forane church is the largest church in South India!!!

3 comments:

Mad Blogger said...

Cool post madam!!! Pretty much accurate to the point.. he he he... And btw, its was not the hand of the groom that was shivering.. infact its just a finger.. all be it that u r not gonna take in that argument!!! Anyways.. a pretty decent and memorable day indeed!!!

dumbheart said...

:-)
Thanks dude....It was a pleasure writing it down..:-)

Unknown said...

Just felt like attending his marriage all over again...simple and sweet...by the way his hand was shivering...he never agreed to it even after we honey trapped him-(showing the marriage video i meant)...Good one chechi :)